The moment you become a parent you are headed with a lot of responsibilities. There might be many harmful things coming in the way of your baby and as a mother, you need to protect him/her from those things.
It is also true that the most delicate time in the life of a baby is the initial 12 months. During this time, you need to give utmost attention to your baby and proper hygiene needs to be maintained always.
For this baby’s clothes and feeding bottles should be clean and traditional methods of sterilization can be used in this but are time taking. Nowadays, a steam sterilizer is used for feeding bottles which saves time and effort.
With the help of sterilization, harmful germs and bacteria that can cause infection to the baby can be killed.
In the following article, the best steam sterilizers for feeding bottles are mentioned along with their pros and cons. By going through them, you can search for the best sterilizer to keep your baby away from the attack of germs and bacteria.
Buying Guide – Steam Sterilizers for Feeding Bottles
Below is the guide to be used when selecting a good electric sterilizer to keep feeding bottles and accessories of your baby sterile.
1. Capacity – A sterilizer with a large capacity is more useful. While selecting, ensure that it has three different stacking options in which along with feeding bottles, you can even keep the accessories of the baby like small toys, teethers, etc. Also, sterilizers with large capacities are easy to clean and maintain.
2. Usability – The design of the sterilizer should be ergonomic so that you can carry it while traveling with ease.
3. Type of the sterilizer – There are different types of sterilizers available in the market and the one that is most suitable for you should be selected. For traveling purposes, a UV portable sterilizer is good. If you want something affordable and fast, then go for a microwave sterilizer. And if you want to sterilize many bottles at a time, then an electric sterilizer is the best.
4. Size – There are various sizes of sterilizers in the market and you need to select the size which is suitable for you. In some sterilizers, up to 8 feeding bottles can be accommodated together.
5. Accessories – Some sterilizers are equipped with accessories like a bottle brush, tongs, a water filter, tray, and many more. These accessories are helpful.
6. Features – Some features like a light signal to show completion of the sterilization process, automatic shut-off, and signal to show the appliance is hot to touch are useful and while buying you must look for these features.
7. Drying feature – With this feature, the bottles get dried up after sterilization. But this is not present in all sterilizers and the bottles are left wet. The absence of this increases the work of the parents.
8. Portability – If a sterilizer is portable, it is easy to keep and you can even carry it while traveling. This is an essential feature to look for.
9. Kitchen space – The compact size of the sterilizer is helpful as it occupies a small size in the kitchen.
Best Steam Sterilizers for Feeding Bottles
1. Philips Avent 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer for Feeding Bottles
Philips Avent electric steam sterilizer is used to sterilize all the feeding equipment of your baby. With this 3-in-1 steam sterilizer, protection is provided to the baby from stomach upsets and diarrhea.
· Weight – 1.61 kg
· Dimensions – 16 x 29 x 15 cm
· Voltage – 220 – 240 V
· Power consumption – 650 W
· Warranty – 2 years
Both narrow neck and wide neck feeding bottles can be sterilized in it as the sterilizer has an adjustable size. In this, 6 bottles of 330ml each can be kept. Along with the bottles, soothers, spoons, plates, and breast pumps can be sterilized in just 6 minutes and once the process is completed, it shuts off automatically. About 99.9% of harmful germs are killed by this sterilizer.
In this, the feeding bottles can be kept for 24 hours but you should ensure that the lids should be closed all the time.
It is made up of BPA-free material which is safe for cleaning the products of the baby.
This sterilizer is simple to use and clean.
It has a feature of automatic shut-off.
Easy to clean.
It is not dishwasher safe.
2. Chicco Sterilizer 3-in-1 Steam Sterilizer for Baby Bottles
For the needs of both mother and child, Chicco Sterilizer 3-in-1 is the best. It makes use of steam to sterilize the objects and kills 99.9% of germs in them.
· Weight – 1.5 kg
· Dimensions – 42 x 48 x 12 cm
· Material – Plastic
This sterilizer ensures safe and natural sterilization of objects like feeding bottles, soothers, small toys, plates, spoons, teats, etc of the baby by using the high pressure and temperature of the steam. The objects remain disinfected for 24 hours and during this time, the lid must be kept closed.
The company provides an option to select from three different configurations. These are full-size, compact, and microwave. In a full-size sterilizer, 6 feeding bottles of 350 ml each can be sterilized together. It has a cover that helps in closing the sterilizer. Also, the objects are not required to be rinsed. In the compact and microwave sterilizer, 2 bottles can be sterilized along with small accessories.
Sterilization in Chicco sterilizer is easy and takes only 5 minutes for the process and at the end of the cycle, it switches off automatically.
Due to its compact size, it can be carried easily during traveling.
It saves 25% of the energy of time.
The operation is quiet
Protect the bottles for 24 hours if the lid is closed.
Less space is occupied in the kitchen.
The water plate gets rusted.
3. Chicco Sterilizer 2-in-1 for Baby Bottle
Chicco 2-in-1 sterilizer is an essential product of new mothers which makes the process of sterilizer simple for them. It uses the natural method of steam to eliminate germs effectively.
· Weight – 1.5 kg
· Dimension – 26.6 x 20 x 39.3 cm
· Warranty – 0-5 years
In newborn babies, there is a development of the immune system during the early months and thus, it becomes essential to sterilize all the products of the baby. The Chicco 2-in-1 sterilizer eliminates 99.9% of germs by making use of steam.
In this, products like feeding bottles, soothers, small toys, plates, spoons, etc can be sterilized. The objects can be kept in it for 24 hours and during this time, they remain sterilized but ensure to keep the lid closed.
There are two configurations of this product – full size and compact mode. In full size, 6 feeding bottles of 330 ml can be kept and in compact mode, 2 feeding bottles of 330 ml each can be kept for sterilization along with other small accessories like teats, soothers, etc.
With a safe stop feature, the sterilizer stops itself automatically at the end of the cycle. Thus, very little manual intervention is required by this. The objects do not require rinsing.
It is of adjustable size, slim design, and delicate color. It can adjust in any kind of kitchen.
Easy to use.
At the end of the cycle, it gets switched off automatically.
Quality is good.
It is not microwave-safe.
4. Fisher-Price Steam Bottle Sterilizer for Baby Bottle
Fisher-Price sterilizer is capable of sanitizing the bottles and accessories of the bay in a chemical-free environment.
· Weight – 1.5 kg
· Dimension – 32 x 27.5 x 1.5 cm
· Material – Plastic
· Color – Blue and white
It has a 2-in-1 design in which feeding bottles and other accessories can be sterilized together as its basket is large. The bottles and accessories sterilized in it can be kept for more than 12 hours in a sterilized environment.
It has a product safety feature in which it switches off automatically if the machine runs out of water during the process. This prevents dry heating and never compromises the safety of the baby products.
The device is made up of food-grade material which is resistant to high-temperature, BPA free, and fluorescent free.
It is easy to use as it has one dial control in which you need to just rotate the dial and then select the sterilization duration.
It is easy to clean and maintain the sterilizer. The steam enters at 500 w of power which is higher than the dishwasher.
For picking up the hot sterilized bottles and accessories, a pair of tongs are provided.
In this, 6 bottles and accessories like pacifiers, plastic toys, teethers, etc can be sterilized together which indicates it has a large capacity.
It has a large capacity.
A pair of tongs is present.
BPA-free material is used.
It is not microwave-safe.
5. R for Rabbit Peter Fighter Plus Electric Baby Bottle 2-in-1 Steam Sterilizer for Infants
R for Rabbit Peter has many awesome baby products and one of these is a 2-in-1 steam sterilizer.
· Weight – 1.7 kg
· Dimension – 24.4 x 24.4 x 23.6 kg
· Material – Plastic
· Batteries requires – No
It is made up of high-quality material which is BPA-free and ensures no harm is provided to the baby products.
In case, there is a low water level during the process of sterilization, it shuts down automatically. It has an in-built timer which shuts down the sterilizer on its own and this helps in optimum use of the electricity.
With the help of steam heating, it kills 99.9% of bacteria in the bottle, and thus, the baby remains safe from diseases.
The steam sterilization occurs fast in just 9 minutes and 6 bottles can be sterilized together at the same time.
The heating plate present in it is made up of rust-free stainless steel.
Space is enough to accommodate and sterilize 6 bottles of all sizes.
It helps in fast steam sterilization in just 9 minutes.
6 bottles of any size can be sterilized at the same time.
It is capable of killing 99.9% of bacteria.
It is not portable.
6. LuvLap Royal Electric Steam Sterilizer
LuvLap Royal Electric steam sterilizer has an ergonomic design that helps new mothers to sterilize feeding bottles conveniently.
· Weight – 1.48 kg
· Dimension – 24 x 24 x 33.5 cm
· Color – Red and white
LuvLap Royal Steam Sterilizer helps in easy sterilization of the feeding bottles and kills 99.9% of bacteria and germs.
It is quick in sterilizing the products and takes just 8 minutes.
The appliance sterilizes things by making use of steam which is an efficient method of cleaning baby feeding supplies and other accessories.
If the lid is kept closed, the contents in it remain sterile for 3 hours. Once the sterilization process is completed, it shuts off automatically and has a light indicator.
Since the capacity of it is large, 6 feeding bottles along with accessories like teethers, small toys, pacifiers, etc can be sterilized together.
It has a transparent body through which you can view the contents inside easily.
Some accessories are included with the sterilizer like tray, tong, and bottle rack.
The food-grade material used in this product is BPA-free.
It has a light indicator to show the end of the process.
It sterilizes in just 8 minutes.
It is not microwave-safe and keeps the thing sterile for 3 hours only.
Also Read: Best Baby Stroller in India
FAQs for Sterlizers for Feeding Bottles
Is it necessary to sterilize the feeding bottles of the baby?
Yes, you should always sterilize the feeding bottles. This helps to disinfect the bottles and keep them free from bacteria and germs.
What is the difference between a microwave and an electric sterilizer?
The use of both of the sterilizers is to make the bottles clean and disinfect them. In a microwave sterilizer, a specially designed bowl is present in which feeding bottles are kept and this is kept in a microwave. In an electric sterilizer, the bottles are kept in a basket in the appliance, and electricity is used to sterilize them.
How do I use an electric sterilizer?
First, the feeding bottles should be washed in warm soapy water, and then they are kept in the sterilizer. You need to add an appropriate amount of water to it as well. After switching on the electric power, bottles get sterilized in very little time.
What are the do’s and don’ts after sterilization of feeding bottles?
There are some rules you must follow after the feeding bottles are sterilized.
· First, they should be taken out of the sterilizer only when required.
· If you take out all of them immediately, be sure to place the lids and teats directly on them.
· Wash your hands properly with a clean soap before taking the things out of the sterilizer.
· For removing the bottles, you can even use tongs.
· The bottles should be cleaned with a clean brush.
A mother understands the baby completely. There is no one like a mother. She carries out all her duties perfectly and sterilizing the feeding bottles and other accessories of the baby is one of her responsibilities. She ensures that her baby is free from all kinds of bacteria and germs so that the health of the baby is maintained. In this responsibility, a steam sterilizer is very helpful. With our guided review of various steam sterilizers, you can select any one of them. All of them are good quality products.
2 thoughts on “Best Steam Sterilizers for Feeding Bottles (Reviews with Buyers Guide) 2022”
Sterilization of feeding bottles is an important thing and I am sure every mother can relate this. I also have 1 year old baby and feel that we should not feed them with bottles without sterilization. Earlier while travelling, sterilization was always a problem but now with steam sterilizer, I don’t face any problem. It is of great help to me.
Chicco sterilizer is the best. I am using it since 1 year and it is giving me very good result. Each time the feeding bottles of the baby looks very clean and sterilized. I used the same sterilizer during my elder son and still it is working well for me. So I can say, everyone can trust the Chicco brand.